One of the things I promised myself that I would do in 2023 is stream more, and as such I’ve been doing things to help prepare myself to do just that. Among those things was, in fact, getting Streamlabs set up again and going through overlays and that kind of fun stuff. This was made a bit more challenging due to the fact that I had to do a wipe and reinstall of Windows on my desktop (which was something I didn’t finish until almost 1 pm today), so I lost a few things related to Streamlabs in the shuffle.
Among the things lost were some elements of overlays, which is what led me to my current rabbit hole. Back when I first started to do a bit of streaming here and there, I’d considered possibly making my own overlays. I quickly backed off the notion for various reasons, but in searching around for alternatives to the overlays I have, I discovered that apparently it’s easier to make them now than it used to be.
So now I’ve found myself exploring the possibilities of making stream overlays–because clearly, I need another creative outlet beyond the 900 I already have.
Stay tuned for more updates – including what’s in store for the coming year. I’m promising right now to post more and to write more this year.
At least, that’s the goal.
So February was a
little rough for me with writing and goals (as some might have noticed and my
sister heard yesterday over drinks while we were hanging out in Chicago). This
semester has been the first in a while when I actually had midterms and actually
needed to study for them–and a month of wild weather left me exhausted (and
has had me doing rounds with an upper respiratory bug). This said, March is a
new month and I fully intend to do some catching up during said month, and as
such some of the goals for the month will be adjusted accordingly.
When All’s Said and Done (original deadline was February 28 and I just
did not get it done)
write-up for untitled John and Tim UNSETIC yarn (I have locked down narration
(third) and determined lead (both) but am not 100% certain on setting so I need
to roll that around a little more an do a brief write up)
least one chapter of Lost and Found (making up from the two I missed for
By March 15:
and plot the untitled John and Tim UNSETIC yarn
the supporting cast for the John and Tim UNSETIC yarn
another chapter of Lost and Found
By March 30:
main plot and subplots of the untitled John and Tim UNSETIC yarn
out a title for the untitled John and Tim UNSETIC yarn
the untitled John and Tim UNSETIC yarn
By April 1:
5 chapters of Lost and Found during the month of March (this number
includes the previous chapters indicated above)
the first draft of the untitled John and Tim UNSETIC yarn
down scope, cast, and length of UNSETIC Files: Pawns
outline for Epsilon: Redeemer
to wish my mom and dad a happy 41st anniversary
This week I’ve
treated myself to a little vacation in Chicago for a few days (thanks to my
spring break from GVSU and a much-needed actual day off from work). Yesterday
was spent hanging out with my sister followed by dinner with our brother and my
sister’s boyfriend (who is just as awesome as my siblings and sister-in-law,
which is pretty damn awesome), so Tuesday was a pretty full day. I anticipate
today being a little more low-key and will be setting my own pace–which will
likely involve a lot of coffee, maybe a few drinks, and a whole lot of writing
if things go according to the mental plan I’m currently laying out for myself.
As always, thanks
for reading and thanks for your support!
[progpress title=”The Last Colony” goal=”80000″ current=”57678″]
[progpress title=”Epsilon” goal=”90000″ current=”39567″]
[progpress title=”Ashes to Ashes” goal=”80000″ current=”14094″]
I’ve already posted it on Facebook and I might as well make it official by posting it here, too. I’ve been thinking about it quite a bit the past month or two, and I’ve decided.
Goal-setting is good. Hopefully, I’ll manage to meet this goal (and if I don’t, it’s mostly me that gets hurt, which kind of means it’s the best kind of goal).
A while back, I was posting a lot about The Last Colony and the E-557 universe, which comprised my 2009 and 2010 Nanowrimo projects. The Last Colony is actually fairly close to being done, I just have to finish up another few chapters and polish it up (I probably underestimate how much work I’ve got to do) and then it’s done, I’m going to hand it over to some volunteer editors (probably two, one for spelling proofs and such, the other for continuity errors–I have two people in mind already, it’s mostly a matter of talking them into it). The reason for that is because I’m planning to release it as an ebook at some point in the near future.
Of course, this also means I’ll have to finish the second E-557 book, Ashes to Ashes (tentative title, honestly), and plot the third.
Plus finish at least the first book of the Epsilon saga, since I think that’s going to be more than one book (otherwise, it’d be one really, really long book that I’m not sure anyone would take the time to read), and manage three updates for Awakenings a week.
But it’s a goal, and it’s good to have goals. In reading about the future of publishing, it seems like Smashwords and e-publishing just might be a good direction to go in.
Wish me luck.